There’s a cute, chain-like blog award called the Liebster Award that bloggers give to their favorite up-and-coming bloggers, and I was nominated by the lovely EE of savory/sweet/style. (Thank you!) Liebster is German and takes on many meanings from dearest to kindest to beloved to sweetheart. This award is a fun way to spread the word about new bloggers and give others a chance to check them out! I hope you enjoy, and if you are one of my nominees, I hope you pass it on!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or whatever–I’ve seen variations from 200 to 1000 to 2000) followers to answer your questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Questions from savory/sweet/style:
1. Why did you start a blog?
I started a blog as a way to write creatively and get away from all of the scientific writing I’m doing as a graduate student. I was inspired by fashion blogs, and since I was overhauling my wardrobe at the time, I thought it’d be fun to dive into fashion blogging myself to sort of figure out my style.
2. Favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
Wow, this is a tough one! I absolutely love my A Chance of Showers Skirt that I got from ModCloth a couple of years ago for 70% off. (I wore it in my last post and also once last fall.) It makes me feel so girly and lovely.
3. Something that most people don’t know about you?
I am a quarter Mexican. No one ever believes me!
4. Favorite smell?
This is also nearly impossible to answer. I guess because the holidays ended not too long ago, I’d have to say the smell of Christmas trees. I absolutely love it. I will never have a fake tree for this reason.
5. Dream job?
It would be absolutely incredible to get paid to travel the world and completely immerse myself in new cultures and try new food and then write about it. There are lots of things I think would be amazing to do. I think it’ll be hard for me to stay in the same job for a long time because I like variety; I never want every day to be the exact same. I guess that’s why I love meteorology so much. The weather is always changing!
6. Something you can’t go a day without?
I can’t go a day without loving on my cats. I’m either petting them, cuddling with them, playing with them, or talking to them. Or all of that at once.
7. Favorite band, song, artist….whatever suits applies.
I have so many favorite musical artists. It really just depends on my mood. One artist I have always loved and will always love is Taylor Swift. I love each of her albums. Like they say, there’s a Taylor Swift song for everything–every emotion, every situation. The fact that we’re close in age makes me feel like we’ve grown up together.
8. Favorite quote or song lyric?
“Everything happens for a reason.” I pretty much live by that quote.
9. Role model?
It’s so hard for me to pick just one. There are so many role models in my family–my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I also look up to a few bloggers; from what little I know about them, they’ve really been positive influences on me, and their wholesomeness comes through in their blogging.
10. The best meal you’ve ever had?
I’m so lucky to have had so many wonderful meals. It’s so hard to choose just one. (Red wine marinated steak and mashed potatoes, get in my belly!) There is one meal I’m always telling people about, though, and it’s the basil pesto gnocchi I had in Riomaggiore, one of the five towns that make up the Cinque Terre in Italy. It was the BEST I have ever had. I can’t wait to go back just for that.
11. Something you wish you did more?
I wish I travelled more. First, I need to save up more money, haha.
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- How do you keep your blog thoughts organized?
- What is one word that describes your style?
- What is your favorite animal?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could only visit one country outside of your own, which one would you choose?
- What’s your favorite month of the year?
- What’s your favorite way to eat potatoes?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What is your favorite pattern to wear?
(Fewer than 200 Bloglovin’ followers)
- Sincerely, Jenna Marie
- Country Girl, City Fashion
- Sara du Jour
- Souffle Guy
- That Curious Cat
- The Preppy Polka Dot
(Greater than 200 but fewer than 500 Bloglovin’ followers)
- Southern (California) Belle
- Being Zhenya
- Kaylee Daily
- Pretty Lovely
- A. Loo’s Closet